Canon India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. This world leader in imaging technologies commenced operations in India in the year 1997. Today Canon has offices spread across 14 cities in India and an employee strength of over a 1000 people. The company offers a comprehensive range of over 200 sophisticated and contemporary digital imaging products in the country, that includes digital cameras , digital SLR’s , lenses , accessories , digital copiers, multi-functional peripherals, fax-machines, inkjet and laser printers, projectors, scanners, All-in-ones, digital cameras, dye sub photo printers and semiconductors, card printers and cable ID printers.
With the launch of ‘Canon Image Square’ (CIS), Canon India forayed into the retail space in 2010. Currently, Canon India owns more than 200 CIS stores across several cities in the country. Canon India’s unique initiative to tap Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV cities of the country was instrumental in this regard.
As a responsible corporate entity, Canon India takes pride to be socially inclined and focused towards its efficient and sustainable CSR projects. The company’s CSR policy is in line with its corporate philosophy ‘Kyosei’, which means living and working together for the common good. ‘Adopt a Village’ initiative, which was started in 2012 is Canon India’s flagship CSR project. Committed to fostering self-reliant rural communities in India and focusing on the 4Es – eye care, education, environment and empowerment, through this CSR project, Canon India has adopted the village Sol Gohalia, located near Kolkata. With this adoption Canon India now covers four regions across the country. Besides Kolkata, Canon has made a distinguishable difference to Ferozepur village in Haryana, Maharaja Katte village in Bengaluru and Karanjoti village in Thane district near Maharashtra.
With a vision to have a proliferating India, Canon India has partnered with SOS Children’s village across India to support the education and overall development of less privileged children in the villages, across the country. Through this campaign, Canon aims to address the issue of abandonment and social neglect of young lives.
Canon takes pride in not only bringing quality products to the market; but also in contributing towards minimizing the environmental burden, through the effective application of green technologies. Canon focuses on the development of resource conserving products that are smaller, lighter and easier to recycle. Canon India takes the responsibility of disposing end-of-life Canon products and other e-waste by transporting them to a government approved recycling agency.
Today, Canon India is ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001,ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 certified. The company was awarded the title of ‘strong commitment to excel’
at the CII-EXIM Business Excellence Award, in the year 2006 and 2010 respectively. Over the last 20 years, Canon India’s comprehensive range of the latest digital imaging products, supported by a well-trained salesforce across the country, has emerged as the key differentiator boosting the company’s growth.
Canon India has closed the year 2016, with a revenue growth of 2348.6 crores. 2015 was closed with a revenue of 2158 crores.
At present, Canon has over 500 primary channel partners, 14 National Retail Chain partners, and over 6000 secondary retail points. Canon India’s service reach extends to over 600 towns covering 16,477 PIN codes across India - which comprises of 300 Camera collection points, 18 camera repair centres, 222 printer repair centres, 262 Sales & Service Dealers.
Key Highlights 2016
- Media visit by CIPL at CP+2016 - CP+ is an international camera and photo imaging platform to showcase latest products and technologies.
- Canon promotes photography culture with student enthusiasts by hosting Digex 2016- a photography event at Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram.
- Canon celebrates production of 120 million interchangeable EF lenses.
- Expansion in Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV cities with inaugurations of Canon Image Squares.
- 7th edition of Canon Photomarathon held in New Delhi and Mumbai - a unique event organised by Canon to promote photography culture through theme based photo competition. In this year’s edition, Canon introduced a special category for the young fans aged between 12-17 years where students from 29 schools participated and won exciting prizes
- Canon celebrates 4th Anniversary of its flagship ‘Adopt a Village’ initiative at Ferozepur Namak village in Haryana
- Canon India also introduces vocational training for the youth of its adopted villages.
- Canon India adds Empowerment, the 4th E to its CSR policy by partnering with SOS Children’s Villages.
- Launch of High end DSLR Range - EOS-1D X Mark II and EOS 5D Mark IV in May and August respectively.
- Mid DSLR Range EOS 80D
- EOS 1300D introduced under Entry DSLR Range, targeting first time users
- Mirrorless cameras : EOS M3, EOS M10 and EOS M5
- Canon India expands its Compact Camera portfolio with IXUS 285 HS, IXUS 180 and IXUS 175 in the IXUS Range
- o PowerShot G7X Mark II, PowerShot SX720 HS, PowerShot SX420IS, PowerShot SX540 HS and PowerShot 620 HS in the PowerShot Range
- Launch of “Ready with EOS 1300D” campaign in April where three moments were depicted throughout the campaign-wedding, family and travel
- EOS 1300D Bloggers meet organized under the ambit of blogger engagement program to promote EOS 1300D and highlight social media friendly features of the camera like Wi-Fi and built-in NFC for users who are looking to shoot to mobile devices and sharing quickly across social media platforms.
- MG3070s Wireless All-In-One printer: To make Wi-Fi printing more affordable for home segments in India
- G-series PIXMA G4000- ink tank printers- the wireless multi-function. The printer features a new Document Removal Reminder function that reminds users when a document has been left forgotten on the scanner glass after a scan or copy operation
- Multi-function MAXIFY MB5470 and MB5170 and Single-function MAXIFY iB4170, an arsenal of features and functions to meet the productivity needs of small offices and businesses.
- PIXMA TS series: The PIXMA TS8070 and the PIXMA TS5070 stand out in the Canon PIXMA printer lineup for their array of productivity and direct printing features, as well as an incredibly compact design and stylish appearance
- Laser Segment: Single-function imageCLASS LBP 351x and LBP 352x and Multi-function imageCLASS MF 515x
- Multi-Function Devices: iR-ADV 6500i Series & iR 1435i/1435iF
- Surveillance Camera Models: VBR12VE, VB-R13, VB-R13VE, VB-M50B
- Projectors: LXMU800Z, XEED WUX 6010 and XEED WUX 450ST offering better projection of images with precise colours.
- Smart Photography Awards 2016
- o Canon 5Ds : Most Prestigious Camera of the Year
- o The Best Mid-Level D-SLR Camera of the Year: Canon EOS 760D
- o The Best Professional D-SLR Camera of the Year: Canon EOS 5Ds
- The Asian Photography Awards 2016 : Andrew Koh awarded with the “3rd Most Influential Person in Photography”
- Exhibit Awards 2016: Best Professional Camera of the Year : Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Stuff Gadgets Awards 2016: System Camera of the Year: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Digit Zero1 Awards 2016: Best Buy: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Budget DSLR for Canon EOS 1200D by Mobility India
- Best professional Digital SLR camera of the year to Canon EOS 6D by Asian Photography
- Best digital compact camera of the year to Canon PowerShot SX170 IS by Asian Photography
- Better Photography ‘Excellence Award’ for Best camera of the year to Canon EOS-1D X
- Better Photography ‘Excellence Award’ for Advanced Compact camera of the year to PowerShot SX50 HS
- Better Photography ‘Execellence Award’ for Consumer DSLR lens of the year to Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens
- Best Mid-Priced DSLR of the year- Canon EOS 70D at Smart Photography Awards 2014
- Exhibit Tech Awards 2014
- Best Compact Camera of The Year- Canon G1X Mark II
- Best DSLR Camera of The Year- Canon EOS 1200D
*Information updated as on 31st January, 2017