Canon India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. This world leader in imaging technologies was incorporated in India in the year 1997. Today Canon has offices spread across 14 cities in India and an employee strength of over a 1000 people. The company offers a comprehensive range of over 200 sophisticated and contemporary digital imaging products in the country, that includes digital cameras , digital SLR’s , lenses , accessories , digital copiers, multi-functional peripherals, fax-machines, inkjet and laser printers, projectors, scanners, All-in-ones, digital cameras, dye sub photo printers and semiconductors, card printers and cable ID printers.
With the launch of ‘Canon Image Square’ (CIS),
Canon India forayed into the retail space in 2010. Currently, Canon India owns 195 CIS stores across 83 cities in the country. Canon India’s unique initiative to tap B, C and D-class cities of the country was instrumental in this regard.
As a responsible corporate entity, Canon India takes pride to be socially inclined and focused towards its efficient and sustainable CSR projects. The company’s CSR policy is in line with its corporate philosophy ‘Kyosei’,
which means living and working together for the common good. ‘Adopt a Village’
initiative, which was started in 2012 is Canon India’s flagship CSR project. Committed to fostering self-reliant rural communities in India and focusing on the 4Es – eye care, education, environment and empowerment, through this CSR project, Canon India has adopted the village Sol Gohalia, located near Kolkata. With this adoption Canon India now covers four regions across the country. Beside Kolkata, Canon has made a distinguishable difference to Ferozpur village in Haryana, Maharaja Katte village in Bengaluru and Karanjoti village in Thane district near Maharashtra.
Canon takes pride in not only bringing quality products to the market; but also in contributing towards minimizing the environmental burden, through the effective application of green technologies. Canon focuses on the development of resource conserving products that are smaller, lighter and easier to recycle. Canon India takes the responsibility of disposing end-of-life Canon products and other e-waste by transporting them to a government approved recycling agency.
Today, Canon India is ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001,ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 certified. The company was awarded the title of ‘strong commitment to excel’
at the CII-EXIM Business Excellence Award, in the year 2006 and 2010 respectively. Over the last 20 years, Canon India’s comprehensive range of the latest digital imaging products, supported by a well-trained salesforce across the country, has emerged as the key differentiator boosting the company’s growth.
Canon India earned a revenue of Rs. 2,158 crore in 2015, which is a 6% hike as compared to 2014.
At present, Canon has 550 primary channel partners, 14 National Retail Chain partners, and over 6000 secondary retail points. Canon’s service reach extends to over 5000 towns with 18 Canon camera service centers and 37 printer Canon Care Centers. Canon India also has 141 authorized service centers for printers and 175 camera collection points.
Key Highlights 2015-16
- Canon expands its commercial printing domain with the fourth installation of Dreamlabo 5000 in Mysore in December 2015
- Launch of the new imagePRESS C10000 VP and Oce Plotwave 500 model at the PAMEX exhibition in Mumbai in December 2015
- Launch of the new range of refillable ink tank printers- G-series PIXMA inkjet printers which includes G1000, G2000, G2002 and G3000 CISS models in November 2015
- Launch of the new range of H, M, R and S series of network surveillance cameras targeted at government and corporate sector in November 2015
- Launch of EOS 1DX Mark II, EOS 5DSR and EOS 5DS & EOS 80D
- Launch of Mirror less cameras EOS M3 and EOS M10 and Power Shot G5X ,G9X and G7X MARK II
- Launch of EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens and the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
- Launch of SX 610HS, SX 710HS,SX 530HS, SX720 HS; IXUS 160 ,IXUS 170, IXUS 285 HS, IXUS 180 and IXUS 175
- Launch Of Cinema EOS range - C300 Mark II (4K), C500 & 1DC (4K), C100 Mark II and C300 (Full HD)
- Launch of Professional Video Camera Range – XC 10
- Launch of Canon EOS 7D Mark II, successor to the award winning EOS 7D
- Launch of the ad campaign - ‘Two Good Together’ to promote EOS 700D
- Launch of Canon Power Shot SX520 HS exclusively on Amazon.in for the first time
- Launch of Canon’s first entry-level DSLR camera EOS 1200D targeting first time users
- Canon retained the No.1 share worldwide in terms of volume within the interchangeable-lens digital camera market for the 12-year period spanning 2003 to 2014
- Launched 2 models of affordable inkjet printers in June 2015- PIXMA MG2570s and iP2870s
- Launch of 3 MAXIFY range of printers in February 2015, which includes MAXIFY MB5370 and MB5070 multifunctional printers, and the single-function MAXIFY iB4070
- Launch of MF200 range of business Laser Multi-function printers (MFPs) in March 2015 targeting Enterprise, BFSI, Government and SMBs
- Launch of the new Vivid & Vibrant color series MFDs - imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3300 colour A3 series and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350i colour A4 machine in July 2015 targeting large corporate, government vertical and jobber segment
- Launch of nine projector models with five LV-series and four XEED series projectors in April 2015 targeting various industry verticals, like simulation, printing, health industry, aviation
- Expansion in Tier II and Tier III cities with inaugurations of Canon Image Squares
- Launch of Canon Business Services for digitization, archival and print room services
- Launch of Canon Professional Services to provide the best after sales service to professional photographers using Canon cameras and lenses.
- 5th edition of Canon Photomarathon held in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore
- Canon adopts Sol Gohalia in Kolkata and Karanjoti village in Thane under its ‘Adopt a Village’ program and completes three successful years in Ferozepur Namak village in Haryana and completes one year in Maharaja Katte village in Bangalore
- Asian Photography Most Influential Award to Mr Andrew Koh by Asian Photography, February 2016
- Best Mid-Level Camera of the Year for Canon EOS 760D by Smart Photography
- Best Professional Camera of the Year for Canon EOS 5Ds by Smart Photography
- Most Prestigious Camera of the Year for Canon EOS EOS 5Ds by Smart Photography
- Best Budget DSLR for Canon EOS 1200 D by Mobility India
- Best professional Digital SLR camera of the year to Canon EOS 6D by Asian Photography
- Best digital compact camera of the year to Canon PowerShot SX 170 IS by Asian Photography
- Better Photography ‘Excellence Award’ for Best camera of the year to Canon EOS-1D X
- Better Photography ‘Excellence Award’ for Advanced Compact camera of the year to PowerShot SX50 HS
- Better Photography ‘Execellence Award’ for Consumer DSLR lens of the year to Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens
- Best Mid-Priced D-SLR of the year- Canon EOS 70D at Smart Photography Awards 2014
- Exhibit Tech Awards 2014
- Best Compact Camera of The Year- Canon G1X Mark II
- Best DSLR Camera of The Year- Canon EOS 1200D