Incorporated in 1997, Canon India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pte.Ltd, a world leader in imaging technologies. Canon today has offices spread across 14 cities in India with an employee strength of over a 1000 people and markets a comprehensive range of over 200 sophisticated and contemporary digital imaging products in the country. These include digital copiers, multi-functional peripherals, fax-machines, inkjet and laser printers, scanners, All-in-ones, digital cameras, digital camcorders, dye sub photo printers and semiconductors, card printers and cable ID printers.
Canon has pioneered five technology 'imaging' engines viz: Optical Engine, Electrophotography, Bubble Jet, Semiconductors and Display which drives Canon's cutting-edge technology products. With over 1100 registered patented technologies in Digital Cameras, 2300 in inkjet printers, 5600 in multifunctional printers and more than 200 in scanners, Canon has emerged as one of the leading technology innovators in the digital imaging space worldwide.
Canon India forayed into the retail space with the launch of its exclusive brand retail store Canon Image Square (CIS)
in 2011. Starting out with 50 stores, Canon added 43 stores in 2012 alone and now owns 130 CIS stores across 65 cities in the country. Canon's unique initiative to tap B, C and D-class cities of the country was instrumental in this regard.
Canon India feels responsible towards the society and in order to make a positive and lasting effect Canon adopted the policy of 3E's – Education , Eye care and Environment. To further enhance this Canon has undertaken various projects at the CSR front. The most promising project began named ' ADOPT A VILLAGE' began in 2012 under which Canon adopted its first village named Ferozpur Namak village in Mewat district , Haryana with an aim of improving education , eye care and environment facilities which adds to the holistic development of the village.
Canon takes pride in not only bringing quality products to the market; but also contributes to minimizing the environmental burden through effective application of green technologies. Canon focuses on the development of resource conserving products that are smaller, lighter and easy to recycle. In India, Canon takes the responsibility to dispose-off end of life Canon products and other e-waste by sending such waste to a government approved recycling agency.
Today, Canon India is certified for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301. In 2006 and 2010, the company was certified for its "strong commitment to excel" at the CII-EXIM Business Excellence Award. Over the last 17 years of its India growth story, Canon's comprehensive range of the latest digital imaging products supported by a trained sales force across the country has emerged as its key differentiator.
Canon India closed 2014 with revenues of Rs. 2,026 crore, which is a 6% growth over 2013.
At present, Canon has 550 primary channel partners, 14 National Retail Chain partners, and over 6000 secondary retail points. Canon's service reach extends to over 4000 towns with 19 Canon camera service centres and 41 printer Canon Care Centres. Canon India also has 146 authorized service centers for printers and 180 camera collection points.
Key Highlights 2014-15
- Canon expands its commercial printing domain with the launch of Dreamlabo 5000 in Kochi
- Launch of Canon EOS 7D Mark II, successor to the award winning EOS 7D
- Launch of Canon PowerShot SX520 HS exclusively on Amazon.in for the first time
- Launch of Canon's first entry-level DSLR camera EOS 1200D targeting first time users
- Launch of 9 new PIXMA printers targeted at SOHOs and households
- Launch of Canon Business Services for digitization, archival and print room services.
- Launch of Canon Professional Services to provide the best after sales service to professional photographers using Canon cameras and lenses.
- Launch of a new ad campaign for PIXMA range of printers 'Super Student'
- Launch of the ad campaign- 'Everyone can with a Canon' to promote EOS 1200D
- 5th edition of Canon Photomarathon held in Bangalore
- Canon adopts Maharaja Katte village in Bangalore under its 'Adopt a Village' program and completes two successful years in Ferozepur Namak village in Haryana
Key Highlights 2013-14
- Launch of Wi-Fi enabled cameras in India
- Inauguration of the 100th Canon Image Square store
- Entry into commercial printing domain with the launch of DreamLabo 5000 in Kochi
- Launch of EOS Academy to promote a culture of photography in India
- Launch of cloud enabled inkjet printers for digitally connected Indian homes
- Launch of Ultra-light Portable scanner P-215 and a mobile app marking Canon's entry in the home segment
- Launch of a variety of technologies for digital cameras, camcorders, lenses, printers and MFDs
- Associated with the Delhi Photo Festival to engage actively with consumers and promote photography
- In line with its continued commitment to society, Canon India donated an eye check-up machine to the vision center at Ferozepur Namak village in Mewat District of Haryana.
Key Highlights 2012-13
- Launched new Wi-Fi enabled cameras in India
- Celebrated the opening of the 100th Canon Image Square store
- Launched EOS Academy to promote photography culture in India
- Canon launched cloud enabled next gen inkjet printers for digitally connected Indian homes
- In 2013, Canon launched Ultra light Portable scanner P-215 and a mobile app marking Canon's entry in the home segment
- In the same year Canon announced its entry in commercial printing domain by launching DreamLabo 5000 printer
- Pioneer of 100% cash back offer on laser printers under CLAP, Canon Loyalty Achievement Program
- Canon India's presence in the retail space for its exclusive brand retail store called "Canon Image Square" and has inaugurated total of 109 stores. Canon Image Square revenues in 2013 registered a growth of 25 % over 2012
- Canon launched a variety of technologies for digital cameras, camcorders, lenses, printers and MFDs in 2013
- Canon is featured in VentureOutsource.com's list of top 100 people influencing global electronics manufacturing services (EMS) for the year 2012
- As a part of Corporate Social Responsibility, Canon had launched the Green Cycle Program in 2010 for Printer and Cartridge E-Waste management. Canon has tied up with authorized E-Waste recycler TIC Group India Pvt Ltd who would be collecting and disposing the e-waste from the 45 OIC's
- In line with its continued commitment to the society, Canon India donated an eye check-up machine to the vision centre at Ferozepur Namak village in Mewat District of Haryana
- Best Budget DSLR for Canon EOS 1200 D by Mobility India
- Best professional Digital SLR camera of the year to Canon EOS 6D by Asian Photography
- Best digital compact camera of the year to Canon PowerShot SX 170 IS by Asian Photography
- Better Photography 'Excellence Award' for Best camera of the year to Canon EOS-1D X
- Better Photography 'Excellence Award' for Advanced Compact camera of the year to PowerShot SX50 HS
- Better Photography 'Execellence Award' for Consumer DSLR lens of the year to Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens
- Best Mid-Priced D-SLR of the year- Canon EOS 70D at Smart Photography Awards 2014
- Exhibit Tech Awards 2014 - Best Compact Camera of The Year- Canon G1X Mark II & Best DSLR Camera of The Year- Canon EOS 1200D
- "Editors Pick", by Digit magazine to Canon IXUS 255 HS
- "Zero 1 winner", by Digit magazine to EOS 70D in 2013
- "T3 Winner" to IXUS 140 by T3 magazine in 2013
- "Best Imaging Device of the year" at NDTV Gadget Guru Awards 2012, for Canon PSA 100 Digital Camera
- "Best SLR Camera" awarded by Better Photogrpahy to EOS 1100D
- "Best Professional DSLR of the year", awarded by Smart Photography magazine for EOS 5D Mark II
- "Best mid priced DSLR of the year" by Smart Photography magazine for EOS 600D
- Asian Photography's"Digital SLR camera of the year, professional" for EOS 5D Mark II
- Smart Photography magzine's "Reader's Choice award"for camera of the year under the Best Compact Digital Camera and Best Bridge camera of the year category for SX40HS
- "Best Rated Professional DSLR" for the Canon EOS 5D II by Maxim magazine
- "Best Camera in the Point & Shoot Category" at TechLife Awards 2012 for Canon PowerShot S95